PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.31.2013

Cluttered Fridge Doors

Growing up, my family fridge door was never bare. It was covered in my art work, magnets from our vacations, small poems my mom clipped out of the paper, party invitations, papers we got a good mark on. I loved it like that... Which is why I love the following image from Amy & Erich Mcvey's kitchen so much:
via design*sponge
The fact that the exposed parts are pink only adds to it's charm.
Of course, If you've spent a lot of money on a gorgeous top of the line appliance, you probably don't want to cover it up. But if your fridge is say...less than attractive, isn't this a great idea?

And today one of my dear blogging friends Elizabeth from Little Black Door is sharing her nursery ideas over at the party. You don't want to miss it!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...[Reply]

This cluttered fridge is totally cute but it usually drives me nuts and I can't stand anything on mine ;) Have a great weekend!

Laura Dro said...[Reply]

That looks so cute and I love the pink peaking through:)

Happy Friday!

Laura

www.lauradrodesigns.blogspot.com

Amelia said...[Reply]

I really like this idea (and I agree it's a great way to disguise a boring old appliance). With the popularity of design blogs and magazines, I sometimes feel like personal objects - family photos, drawings, etc. - are discouraged from being on display because they're not pretty or stylish enough (the "rule" about not displaying family photos in common areas really drives me crazy). I think this shows that a house can still be personal AND beautiful!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...[Reply]

I love the casual charm of all the pictures. I would be happy to have a pink fridge too!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...[Reply]

I love the idea. Its one of the things that sucks about having a stainless fridge, no magnet stick.

Unknown said...[Reply]

Works so well with the pink fridge!

Kristen said...[Reply]

Ok so stinkin cute! I think it's the pink that makes it!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...[Reply]

What a cute (pink!!) fridge! Love it!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...[Reply]

How did i miss this fridge?! I LOVE it. I have an old beauty just like this that I should really diy the heck out of!